- Me finishing high school
- Actually getting a fucking job (with a decent rate of pay too boot)
- Beating Jak 2, one of the most difficult games I've ever played
- Buying a bike, loosing some weight, then smashing the aforementioned bike
- Becoming a fan of Bad Religion (seriously, where have you been all my life?)
- Starting college and making, wait for it, friends? Yes making actual normal friends.
- Spending so much fucking money on overpriced toys
- Writing articles for Jerryterrifying's digital magazine, Mondo Cool Monthly (Get it HERE)
(This awesome picture courtosy of some drawfag on /m/)
That's the cliff notes of the last 9 months or so, honestly I've just not felt the need to post on this blog because, I don't know I've just been preoccupied with other shit, not much more important shit mind you, just other shit I'd rather do you know? Still I've got to do some college related blogging in a couple weeks so I figured I'd better get re-acquainted with the blogger system of posting, so for the time being I'm back baby!
So maybe you're wondering why this post is called "plastic habit" well if you didn't skip the bullet points the you might have noticed "overpriced Japanese toys" and that, my friend is what I've been
You see, recently I've really got into Kamen Rider, the old Power Rangers-esq show from the 1970's, yes it's completely fucking stupid and I admit that but there's just something so endearing (and hilarious) about a karate chopping cybernetic bugman fighting the forces of SHOCKER! Now since Kamen Rider's been a thing for 40+ years there have been a lot and I do mean A LOT of toys made based of the various riders but in the grand scheme only two of these lines matter; S.I.C (Super Imaginative Chogokin) and S.H.Figuarts.
|The S.H.Figuarts version of Kamen Rider Stronger|
See here's the difference between the two lines; Figuarts are smaller (5 inches on average) fairly well detailed figures that average at about the $30 - $50 in teams of price. The real reason people buy these guys is because they're posable as fuck; seriously you can bus out some badass poses with these things (provided you have a tamashii stand *Sold Seperatly).
|The S.I.C version of the same character|
So yeah that's what I've been spending my money on over the last couple months. Also I'll be doing blog posts on these figures for the next couple weeks. Enjoy.